Intro to Pottery Wheel - (One-time class)
- If you’ve always wanted to try pottery on the wheel, this beginner class is your chance to have fun while learning a new skill. Instructors will teach you the foundational techniques of wheel throwing, like centering and shaping clay into a unique and functional vessel.
- Class price includes clay and the choice of one color glaze.
- This is a one-time class. No previous clay knowledge necessary.
Wheel-Throwing Series - (4 or 8 week courses)
- This class series is for students who want to continue to learn and develop their skills on the wheel.
- You will learn to center and master the cylinder, as well as learn how to trim and glaze your pieces.
- During class, students will use the studio’s clay and may borrow tool kits.
- Students may schedule open studio time outside of class, which we highly recommend for additional practice. During open studio hours, students use their own clay, which they can purchase directly from the studio.
- Students may choose between a 4-week or a 6-week class series.
Clay Hand Building - (One-time class, 4 Week)
- Students will explore how to create a project using the pinch pot, coil building, and slab building techniques, to shape clay into functional or sculptural pieces.
- Students choose between a one-time class or a 4-week class series.
- The one-time class includes clay and the choice of one color glaze.
- For the 4-week series, students may schedule open studio time outside of class, which we highly recommend for additional practice. During open studio hours, students use their own clay, which they can purchase directly from the studio.
- No previous experience necessary.
Mosaic Making - (One-time class)
- Learn how to create your own mosaic from a variety of designs.
- Instructors will explain how to cut glass and guide students through the steps of creating a unique mosaic piece.
- You will be arranging the colorful glass pieces to your piece of choice. Once your pieces are arranged you will grout you're pieces.
- All materials are provided, including the tessera, colorful glass pieces, and grout. Mosaics are ready by the end of class and students can take their projects home right away.
Pottery Painting (Choose your own piece)
- Pottery painting is a great hands-on activity for all ages!
- Classes cost $10 and will be credited towards the piece of your choice. Pieces range from $18 and up. For example when you come in and select a $18 piece you will need to pay the $8 difference upon arrival. $10 reservation fee is non-refundable for no-shows.
- Anyone can spend a few hours painting ready-to-fire pottery with great results. Using paint-on glazes, you can select from a wide selection of fun ceramic pieces and start personalizing your pottery.